I love anything that involves working with wool - knitting, felting, spinning - all mixed with a hint of the unexpected.
Just to give you a little background, my name is Linda Collison and I live in the village of Lochwinnoch, Scotland, situated half way between Glasgow and the seaside coastal town of Largs. My husband and cat keep me company.
I regularly update the website design and hope you will return again to find out more about what I do, or get in touch (details on the Contact Us page) - I'd love to hear from you and please go to the announcements section which details events where the Loose Moose will be...well, loose!!
I am usually at the weekly Lochwinnoch knitting group at the Three Churches in Lochwinnoch on a Monday - officially 10am-12noon (but sometimes 2 or 3pm!!). Not only do we knit and crochet but we inspire each other and set the world to rights on a regular basis.
If you wish to see some of my more current creations, come and see what's new in The Quirky Florist, 5 High Street, Lochwinnoch. I am also there from time to time, but if you want to see anything in particular it's a good idea to call me first to make sure I will be there.
WoollyWorkshops : The workshops can be anything up to a group of six dependant on what activity you want to do. They are also a great way to celebrate a birthday or hen party! So if you feel like having a go at something new please call Linda on 07809 120577.
Wet felting activities include making felt scarves, pictures, jewellery, bobbles, brooches, bags (usually a couple of sessions required here)
Needle felting is a dry activity and can include making pictures and heart hangings, etc.
Scheduled workshops for October and November 2013 are in The Quirky Florist, High Street, Lochwinnoch - call me for more details:-
- Saturday, October 5th, 1-4pm Felted Flowers: Learn to make small felt pieces and experiment with fibres, etc. Then make them into flowers finished of with beads. (£25 incl all materials, tools, tuition and refreshments)
- Wednesday, October 16th, 2-4.30pm, Felted Necklace: Make felt pieces and form beads, finish off and intersperse with glass beads of your own choice to make your own creation (£25 incl all materials, tools, tuition and refreshments)
- Wednesday, November 6th, 2-4pm, Needle Felting Taster: Needle felting is fun and you don't get wet in the process. Come along and try this alternative method. Make felt hearts, decorate with beads and sewing. Put ribbon on and hang them in your home - also very good as Christmas ornaments. (£20 incl all materials, tools, tuition and refreshments)
- Saturday, November 23rd, 1-4pm Small Felt Picture: Bring along an image (flower or landscape or similar) to inspire you to create your own wet felted image. Do a bit of sewing or beading to enhance the finished result.
2. BESPOKE DESIGN SERVICES/WEDDING GIFTS
If you are looking for something truly unique to give as a gift for a special birthday, anniversary or perhaps as a wedding gift, or even if your bedroom make over needs something special to finish it off, Loose Moose would take great pleasure in applying 30 years of experience to designing something really special and to suit a particular design theme.
Cushions, throws and even rugs (using material cut into strip as the yarn!!) can be individually designed and hand made to your requirements.
As the designs are one offs and hand crafted by Loose Moose, they will indeed make unique and special items to treasure.
Call me on 07809 120577 to arrange an initial consultation.
1. Point 5 Giotto Duo Scarf Pattern - visit my Ravelry store to download the pattern at a cost of £3.00